Just Manager Forum

Official Just Manager forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-27 04:57:02

sajjansinghania

JM application directory size

Other than JM, I have the following file managers installed.

Name                      Directory size
Just Manager                   1,095,627
Multi Commander             14,079,811
Speed Commander           27,698,760
TCUP                           859,625,115
Total Commander            11,023,490
WinNC                           86,799,293

JM is much more user friendly, specific, down to earth, easy to work, better appearance, simpler customization options, much faster response, wonderful support, extremely lightweight and easier update options, compared to all above.

Is is due to the fact that JM has truly expert documentation and 'NO JUNK' theory or something else.

Thank you

Last edited by sajjansinghania (2012-12-27 08:54:34)

#2 2012-12-27 07:55:40

nleontiev
Lead developer
Website

Re: JM application directory size

JM directory size is smaller, compared to TC for example, becuase JM has less functionality then others, doesn't support archives, utility for file operations under admin rights, updater, 32x32 icon pack, e.t.c.

#3 2012-12-27 08:54:00

sajjansinghania

sajjansinghania wrote:

JM is much more user friendly, specific, down to earth, easy to work, better appearance, simpler customization options, much faster response, wonderful support, extremely lightweight and easier update options, compared to all above.
Is is due to the fact that JM has truly expert documentation and 'NO JUNK' theory or something else.

nleontiev wrote:

JM directory size is smaller, compared to TC for example, becuase JM has less functionality then others, doesn't support archives, utility for file operations under admin rights, updater, 32x32 icon pack, e.t.c.

Sir, after using JM I get fascinated everyday on all the above counts and many more. Therefore, being an admirer of JM, I had posted this topic for my academics.
I was expecting a more descriptive answer with regards to user friendly, specific, wonderful support, down to earth, easy to work, better appearance, simpler customization options, much faster response and easier update.
Sir, you explained only on comparative size due to some missing features, which I think are not used by 95% of their users.
Anyway, thank you for responding Sir.

#4 2013-02-14 00:09:17

navigat0r

sajjansinghania wrote:

JM is much more user friendly, specific, down to earth, easy to work, better appearance, simpler customization options, much faster response, wonderful support, extremely lightweight and easier update options, compared to all above...
Sir, you explained only on comparative size due to some missing features, which I think are not used by 95% of their users.

I've tried many if not most windows FM, some I've used on a daily basis for years and JM is not just another FM.
After using it two for days only, I'm impressed by its speed and user friendly interface.
I agree, other FM became pretty bloated by implementing half-baken, sluggish BS features which most users don't need.

Win7x64SP1

Board footer