Just Manager Forum

Official Just Manager forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-12-07 17:18:43

sajjansinghania

Empowering JM with more teeth

I have a few suggestions which I describe below but before that I wish to say this :

This application is so strong, so down to earth and has absolutely no junk at all. On top of all, the support is better than the application itself. nleontiev also iz are not only wonderful, they explain things with full clarity, precise, to the point and instant, in a language which can be easily understood by average users like me.

My suggestions are honest because I love this application and I have no intention to play smart or that I want to question the ability of the creators.

1. I have no issues on the present forum software but I have a better option to suggest. JM is using FluxBB Bulletin Board Software whereas most popular applications like Firefox, Thunderbird, VLC Media Player are using PhpBB Bulletin Board Software https://www.phpbb.com/ which to me appears to be better than present. It is more user friendly as well has some inbuilt options like informing message posters when new topics are added to their topics also many features while posting new topics, among many others. This PhpBB is an open source applications and is totally free. Therefore I suggest you Sir, to think over this, and if you find this one better, to change to the newer application before this forum gets too big.

2. I suggest you post this application on all the popular download sites so as to make this application exposed to larger user base, so that this application gets more popular in quickest time.

3. Consider creating Torrents with extensive tags which will help popularizing to bigger audiences. If you wish and permit, I can assist to upload Torrent links for this application at most popular Torrent sites.

4. To add feature immediately to alert users when a new release is put up and if that takes time at least circulate such information to the forum members.

5. Perhaps a "What is New" Email to members of this forum on future version would be liked by many. Please think on this.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2012-12-07 17:36:34

nleontiev
Lead developer
Website

Re: Empowering JM with more teeth

sajjansinghania wrote:

1. I have no issues on the present forum software but I have a better option to suggest. JM is using FluxBB Bulletin Board Software whereas most popular applications like Firefox, Thunderbird, VLC Media Player are using PhpBB Bulletin Board Software https://www.phpbb.com/ which to me appears to be better than present. It is more user friendly as well has some inbuilt options like informing message posters when new topics are added to their topics also many features while posting new topics, among many others. This PhpBB is an open source applications and is totally free. Therefore I suggest you Sir, to think over this, and if you find this one better, to change to the newer application before this forum gets too big.

phpBB was the first candidate for the JM's forum, but we couldn't install it because of hosting provider limitations and hosting service has already been paid for the year ahead.

sajjansinghania wrote:

2. I suggest you post this application on all the popular download sites so as to make this application exposed to larger user base, so that this application gets more popular in quickest time.

Already done, some of them listed on awards page: http://justmanager.ru/awards

sajjansinghania wrote:

3. Consider creating Torrents with extensive tags which will help popularizing to bigger audiences. If you wish and permit, I can assist to upload Torrent links for this application at most popular Torrent sites.

I don't have possibility to seed torrents.

sajjansinghania wrote:

4. To add feature immediately to alert users when a new release is put up and if that takes time at least circulate such information to the forum members.

I think the best way is twitter: https://twitter.com/justmanager

sajjansinghania wrote:

5. Perhaps a "What is New" Email to members of this forum on future version would be liked by many. Please think on this.

Good idea. If someone is interested please write in this topic.

Board footer