Just Manager Forum

Official Just Manager forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-25 17:16:39

Jpc

Full row selection conflict with one click activate

Just Manager is almost perfect for me. I especially appreciate the config options.

I think there is one missing option : full row selection in list views should be a yes/no option. If "no", only the items in the name columns of list views would be selectable.

This is how I use Just Manager :
- 3 panes of list views (View option : Details)
- one click activate option (but no NC option)

The problem shows when you want to copy or move one or several selected files from one source pane to a target pane with a fully populated list, ie the target list has no blank space at the bottom. With full row selection, the one click activation in the fully populated target pane will automatically "select" an item. So, you cannot get the menu with "paste" when right clicking, you get the menu associated with the selected item. And to copy or move items from a source pane, you have to enter "Ctrl V".

To my opinion, this is the only missing useful feature in Just Manager.

Note. xplorer2 and Q-Dir allow the user to deactivate the full row selection, allowing the user to "select" items within the column of names and right clicking in other columns to open the standard copy-move menu for tranferring items from another pane. XYplorer does it differently since the one click activation works only when the cursor hits the icon on the start of a row.

Last edited by Jpc (2015-06-25 18:19:42)

#2 2015-06-28 08:28:48

Jpc

Re: Full row selection conflict with one click activate

There is a workaround to open a standard menu by right clicking within a full detailed list pane even with the "one click activate option" : keep a void column on the right for right clicking.

As a matter of fact, the "full row selection" stops at the start of the void column. And you can right click inside this void column and get the menu with the "paste" option among others.

Obviouly, the user has to customize the columns and adjust their sizes so that there is a small blank column on the right of each pane where the right click menu will be used (asuming my other options of configuration).

Not a problem when one knows the trick.

Last edited by Jpc (2017-08-14 10:44:33)

Board footer