Just Manager Forum

Official Just Manager forum

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-20 10:04:37

paravantis

automatic autosize does not work with some folders

First of all, bravo for an amazing file manager! It is on a par with xplorer2, which I have been using for a few years. Keep up the good work!

There is a minor bug with automatic (column) autoresize: it appears that when one tries to open a long directory, columns are not autoresized properly. It is easy to tell that it did not work because the name column is too narrow and cuts many of the names off.

Others have posted on a similar issue about two years ago

http://justmanager.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?id=371 (post entitled "Adjust columns to panel width not working correctly")

and I suspect that the issue I am posting about here is related or identical to that.

I think that it happens when the directory has too many folders and files but cannot pinpoint the exact cause; it may be related to the scrollbars appearing to the right of the panel for such long directories.

Please try to address it. It is annoying to have selected a certain behavior in options and have it carried out only some of the time.

Thank you for your attention.
John A. Paravantis
University of Piraeus
Greece

#2 2014-09-20 11:40:59

nleontiev
Lead developer
Website

Re: automatic autosize does not work with some folders

Understood what's going on. Autosize works only for visible items, because JustManager uses virtual listview that shows items only for visible part. When you scroll down, you see items with longer names, but they were not visible on auto-size calculation step. It's default behavior for standard Windows listview. Such functionality can be overwritten, but it will take a lot of time to implement. Also, it can be resource consuming to calculate size for all items if there are many items, for example, 10 000. And not related to http://justmanager.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?id=371

Board footer